Sunday 6 June 2010

Acquiesce

Ooops... It's been too long... I should have done this challenge a few weeks ago! I kept it simple, so I hope it meets the brief! :)


Acquiesce

Every trip of the tongue, every nod of the head
Leaves me feeling like I shouldn’t have said…

Yes be my first response, yes be my last
Why do my heart and my head always clash?

Lonely I stand, in a crowded space
A painted smile upon my face

Mirrors for eyes, and lies for tears
I’ve been saying ‘yes’ for years

I can’t help it; oh I’ve tried
So frustrated, so unwise

‘Yes’, ‘uh-huh’ and ‘yes’ some more
I’ll say ‘no’ next time, that’s for sure

(c) copyright Jane Edwards 2010

1 comment:

Thefear said...

Ive looked at all your poems on your blog this one speaks absolute volumes to me,it shows true experience and ties into something I have been working on,well done