Tuesday 16 March 2010

Network addict

I guess I have Tommy L to thank for this little ditty after he provided some inspiration for my work! That got me to thinking, I'd really like other ideas for poetry topics, so send them my way people :) x

Network addict

A little something different, from alcohol or drug
Is a fix that's much more powerful, emanating from your hub

'Friends' to whom we don't speak, consume most of our time
Which rather sadly isn't shared within such close confine

Listen to the tapping, look at the screen glow
Another night out cancelled as the updates freely flow

'Friend request accepted' has us running in our droves
To see what ever happened next - is this something that you chose?

You can't seek comfort in a status, from the comic strip of life
Before you log-on next time, you really should think twice

Facebook, bebo, myspace - they are all much the same
The loss of social company is ever such a shame

(c) Jane Edwards 2010

No comments: