Sunday 14 March 2010

Raw

Sometimes in the darkness, I think I see your face
I blink just twice and look again, but the vision is erased
I want to have you with me - to love forever more
The speed at which you slipped away, rocked me to my core

A pool of light reflects you, but your energy escaped
With it, taking every dream leaving nothing in its place
I smell you on my pillow, and can taste you on my tongue
The salty tears run down my face and leave me feeling so alone

Are there answers in the echos that you've left within these walls?
When every night I wake up crying, I find it's your name I have called
Where can I go to find you? I miss you oh-so much
I hadn't planned to lose you - I need to feel your touch

My future is our memories, it hurts to think 'no more'
Of all the times we never shared - my heart is always yours
Please watch over and stay with me, I'll love you for all time
And one day soon I know we will, once again stand side by side

(c) copyright Jane Edwards 2010

No comments: