Saturday 28 August 2010

La luna

I've been moongazing tonight. This is what I saw.

La luna

Our moon is bright tonight;
through whispers of clouds, it bathes,
makes darkness heavy and eyes sparkle
casts spell on serenity and bustle without bias
and as crescents of chalky water gently lap:
illumines us equally, though we are distant

That’s why I love you, Brother of Sun.

Our moon is bright tonight;
a cosmic sentry, trusted to remain when the Neon’s and Argon’s fade,
purified chills soothe scorched earth
icon of romance,
you join us when we are apart:
a lunar reminder

And that’s why I love you.


(c) Copyright Jane Edwards 2010

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing last night.
Nice writing...very nice.

Thefear said...

lovely word structure,reminds me of the song far out track 6 off blurs parklife album it would sound good as a mellow song wiv a mandolin and harpsichord behind it

Thefear said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCjWlEdULTI

far out