Thursday 3 March 2011

Synthetic synthesis

Yoohoo... I'm back!

This latest offering has been rattling around in my head since November. It started out as lines 5 & 6 and remained that way until today. Not frustrating in the slightest! Enjoy :)


Synthetic synthesis

Fibre-optic strands of blonde,
ribbon tied and helix-long,
dust-pink cheeks of innocence,
and velveteen unease.
Whispers unconditional,
of love, and sugared vitriol,
with petals blue, her blood runs cold;
and smile contrived; diseased.
Cardice stem of shattered green,
on scattered silk looks so obscene,
a reflection’s rarely what it seems:
my perfect English Rose.

(c) Copyright Jane Edwards 2011

1 comment:

Donkey said...

hey long time no hear!I like this as it is double edged and suprise suprise it reminds me of a song,I cant think why but apart from the obvious final line it doesnt have much connection,see what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeEwCPuAm_M&feature=related